We are validators committed to the longevity and prosperity of the blockchains we operate. We believe governance and infrastructure are equally important. On this basis we are forming a political party to manifest our vision and values.
We believe that:
- Governance matters.
- Proof-of-stake governance requires the participation of three essential entities: the token holders who delegate their tokens, the validators who stake them, and the foundation or core team(s) supporting the protocol.
- Token holders are the fundamental source of power in these protocols, and they vest that power in validators.
- With power comes responsibility. Validators are responsible to both their delegators and to the network as a whole.
- Foundations and core teams represent a centralized and undemocratic executive power.
- By participating in governance, validators provide an essential check on that power.
- Delegators deserve to be informed of decisions taken on their behalf.
- Validators should be able to articulate their values to token holders, to foundations and core teams, and to themselves.
- Values matter.
Daniel Hwang, Stakefish
Teddy Knox, Stakefish
Elizabeth Barnes, Figment
Vic Kaul, Chorus One
Othman Gbadamassi, Chainflow
Ellie Rennie, Metagov
Joshua Tan, Metagov
Jack Zampolin, Strangelove Ventures
Will Pankiewicz, Binary Holdings
Damien Bonello, Simply Staking
Hyung-Kyu Choi, DSRV
Candas Ozgenc, GateOmega
Version 1.0 - June 11, 2022
Signatures updated from GitHub repo - September 20, 2022
🖋️ If you'd like to endorse the declaration, you can sign it by sending a pull request to this GitHub repo.